Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
Please note: Standard and Enhanced Disclosure Certificates can only be issued through Global Choices for applicants who live or work in Scotland purposes in the UK. Further, to apply for a CRB check your employer’s details need to be provided.
Order enhanced disclosure for:
- GBP 69 Regular Delivery
The highest level of certificate is the Enhanced Disclosure (termed as an "enhanced criminal record certificate" under Part V of the Police Act 1997). In addition to the details included in Standard Disclosures, Enhanced Disclosures may contain non-conviction information which a Chief Officer or Chief Constable may choose to disclose if they believe it to be relevant to the position in question.
A Standard and Enhanced Certificate is sent to the applicant and a copy is also sent to the person who countersigned the application on behalf of the Registered Body and next to the the employer.
Applicants for Standard & Enhanced Disclosures are only permitted to apply for those occupations, professions, offices, etc. which are covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions)(Scotland) Order 2003.
From the time the application has been received we process 90% of Enhanced checks in 4 weeks.
The cost of obtaining an Enhanced Disclosure Certificate is 69 Pounds.
Scheme Record Certificate and Scheme Record Updated Certificate
Please note that the following information only affects employers who employ staff in regulated activities in Scotland. Those of you using the CRB (England and Wales) or AccessNI (Northern Ireland) will not be affected by these changes. The introduction of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act (PVG) has meant that new application forms are needed going forward.
If an employee or prospective employee is based in Scotland is undertaking regulated work with kids and vulnerable adults then Enhanced Disclosure is no longer the correct choice. If the employee or prospective employee is not yet a member of the PVG Scheme then the employer must order an initial registration with the PVG Scheme and a Scheme Record. If the individual is already a member of the PVG Scheme, a Scheme Record is to be ordered instead of the Enhanced Disclosure currently used. The Scheme Record will give all information in the individual’s file.
From the time the complete application has been received we process 90% of Scheme Record checks in 4 weeks.
- The cost of obtaining a Scheme Record Certificate is 79 Pounds.
- The cost of obtaining a Scheme Record Updated Certificate is 39 Pounds.
Who is required to obtain Enhanced Disclosure certificates?
- those who apply for work that regularly involves caring for, training, supervising or being in sole charge of children or vulnerable adults;
- applicants for various gaming and lottery licences;
- Positions in the legal profession;
- applicants for registration for child minding, day care and to act as foster parents or carers.
Enhanced Disclosure is required on entry into the following professions:
Contractors, Caterers, Cleaners, Administrators and Maintenance workers
Betting and gaming
- Local lottery manager or promoter
- National Lottery posts
- Positions in a casino
- Posts concerned with betting
- Selling, supplying or maintaining gaming machines
- Director of private dental or opticians practice
- Optician (including ophthalmic optician)
- Partner in a Pharmacists
- Partner in a private opticians
- osteopath, chiropractor, psychologist
- Nurse, midwife
- Judicial Appointments
- Barrister (in England and Wales), advocate (in Scotland), solicitor
- Registered foreign lawyer
- Legal executive
- Receiver appointed by the Court of Protection
- Approved legal Services body Manager
- Justice’s chief executives, justices’ clerks and their assistants.
- The Director of Public Prosecutions and any office or employment in the Crown Prosecution Service
- Judges’ clerks, secretaries and legal secretaries within the meaning of section 98 of the Supreme court Act 1981 (c)
- Persons who in the course of their work have regular access to personal information relating to an identified or identifiable member of the judiciary.
- Clerks (including deputy and assistant clerks) and officers of the High Court of Judiciary, the Court of Session and the district court, sheriff clerks (including sheriff clerks deputy) and their clerks and assistants.
- Adoptive parents
- Child minding and day care posts
- Foster parents
- National Care Standards Commission
- Social workers and social care workers
- Regularly caring for, training, supervising or being in sole charge of persons aged under 18
- Regularly caring for training, supervising or being in sole charge of vulnerable adults
- Home Inspector
Global Choices. Contact information
Global Choices, 146 Omega Works, 4 Roach Road, London E3 2GY, United Kingdom
Tel: (+ 44) 208 533 2777 (UK)
Tel.: (+1) 646 929 4656 (USA)
Fax: (+ 44) 870 330 5955