Verifying your personal documents for criminal record check purpose
Confirming your identity for criminal check purpose
If you are applying as an individual for an Enhanced or Standard Disclosure, your original documents need to be seen and verified by a qualified individual. This is one of our members of staff.
You can either post the original documents to us or bring them to our office personally.
Please contact us if you need more information.
You need to provide original documentation (no photocopies).
Please note all documents must be in your current name. At least one document must show your current address and at least one document must show your date of birth.
- Which documents do you need to provide?
- Can you produce any documents from Group 1?
- If yes, 3 documents must be seen.
- One from Group 1 PLUS any Two others from Groups 1, 2a or 2b (one verifying your adress)
List of Valid Identity Documents:
Group 1 – Primary Trusted Identity Credentials
- Current valid Passport.
- Biometric Residence Permit (UK).
- Current Driving Licence (UK) (Full or provisional) Isle of Man /Channel Islands;
- Photo card only (a photo card is only valid if the individual presents it with the associated counterpart licence; except Jersey).
- Birth Certificate (UK and Channel Islands) - issued at the time of birth;
- Full or short form acceptable including those issued by UK authorities overseas, such as Embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces. (Photocopies are not acceptable)
Group 2a – Trusted Government/State Issued Documents
- Current UK Driving licence (old style paper version).
- Current Non-UK Photo Driving Licence (valid for up to 12 months from the date the applicant entered the UK).
- Birth Certificate (UK and Channel Islands) - (issued after the time of birth by the General Register Office/relevant authority i.e. Registrars – Photocopies are not acceptable).
- Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate (UK and Channel Islands).
- Adoption Certificate (UK and Channel Islands).
- HM Forces ID Card (UK).
- Fire Arms Licence (UK and Channel Islands).
Group 2b – Financial/Social History Documents
- Mortgage Statement (UK or EEA)** (Non-EEA statements must not be accepted).
- Bank/Building Society Statement (UK and Channel Islands or EEA)* (Non-EEA statements must not be accepted).
- Bank/Building Society Account Opening Confirmation Letter (UK).
- Credit Card Statement (UK or EEA)* (Non-EEA statements must not be accepted).
- Financial Statement ** - e.g. pension, endowment, ISA (UK).
- P45/P60 Statement **(UK & Channel Islands).
- Council Tax Statement (UK & Channel Islands). **
- Work Permit/Visa (UK) (UK Residence Permit) (valid up to expiry date).
- Letter of Sponsorship from future employment provider (Non-UK/Non-EEA only – valid only for applicants residing outside of the UK at time of application).
- Utility Bill (UK)* – Not Mobile Telephone.
- Benefit Statement* - e.g. Child Allowance, Pension.v.6 August 2012 6
- A document from Central/ Local Government/ Government Agency/ Local Authority giving titlement (UK & Channel Islands)*- e.g. from the Department for Work and Pensions, the employment Service, Customs & Revenue, Job Centre, Job Centre Plus, Social Security.
- EU National ID Card.
- Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo (UK and Channel Islands).
- Letter from Head Teacher or College Principal (16 - 19 year olds in full time education – (only used in exceptional circumstances when all other documents have been exhausted) (UK).
If a document in the List of Valid Identity Documents is:
- Denoted with * - it should be less than three months old.
- Denoted with ** - it should be issued within the past 12 months.
- Not denoted – it can be more than 12 months old.
If you cannot process Rout One there are 2 other Routes of conforming your identity.
In this case please contact us an we will instruct you what to do next.
Global Choices. Contact information
Global Choices, 146 Omega Works, 4 Roach Road, London E3 2GY, United Kingdom
Tel: (+ 44) 208 533 2777 (UK)
Tel.: (+1) 646 929 4656 (USA)
Fax: (+ 44) 870 330 5955