What is an Apostille?
Legalisation is the process of obtaining an apostille and is an official confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on a UK public document is genuine. Legalisation is usually required by foreign authorities before they will allow a UK document to be used for official purposes in their country. Legalisation does not certify the authenticity of a document or give Foreign and Commonwealth Office approval of its content.
The application process in combination with your criminal check application:
- If you are applying for a Basic Disclosure Certificate with Global Choices, we will be able to process the legalisation of your document directly after your Certificate is issued without further delivery delays. Please choose the apostille service during the online pre-application process and we will ensure quick and reliable service.
- How long does it take and what are the prices? Your document will be apostilled within 4-12 days, however these timings can be extended during busy periods or if your application requires further enquiries.
Order Apostille Services online
- Standard service (4-12 days): 59 GBP
- Premium service (same day): 149 GBP
- Delivery within the UK: free
- International delivery: 10 GBP
- FedEx: Varies
If you have not chosen the apostille service in combination with your Disclosure application, you can apply here Click here. To avoid delays, we strongly advise that all customers ensure that they check the legalisation requirements of the relevant authority in the country in which their documents are to be presented before submitting their application to us. When satisfied that you have followed the recipient country’s legalisation requirements, members of the public with personal documents may send their application by post.
Global Choices. Contact information
Global Choices, 146 Omega Works, 4 Roach Road, London E3 2GY, United Kingdom
Tel: (+ 44) 208 533 2777 (UK)
Tel.: (+1) 646 929 4656 (USA)
Fax: (+ 44) 870 330 5955